Friday, April 16, 2010

The Concept

I am rather new to the hobby of miniatures and I am just now starting to expand to other new game systems moving on from one of the "large' systems to Privateer Press systems specifically Warmachine. I started playing just over a month ago from now when after much deliberation I decided on Khador and bought the starter box. About a week ago I listened to Iron Agenda Episode 81- New Player Talk / List for learning the Factions and decided that I should start a second faction with a limited budget/army size so that I could help teach others how to play. The episode went over each faction in a little detail and also gave a good "Learning" list for each.

After I decided that I was going to do it I listened to the Podcast again to hear the lists they put together and try to find the one to appealed to me the most. The Cryx list won hands down with the Iron Lich Asphyxious as he is one of the reasons that I started the game since he looks awesome. They were all 25 point lists and the Cryx one is as follows:
  • Iron Litch Asphyxious
  • 2x Deathripper
  • Reaper
  • Seether
  • Unit of Bane Thralls (6)
  • Warwitch Siren
So the "Concept" is as follows.

To build a 25 point Cryx list geared for teaching new players various aspects of the Warmachine game while still retaining a competitive edge and to do so at as low a cost a possible.

No comments: