Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Commision Terrain - Part 2

So last week I posted Part 1 of my commission job for my friend. Since that time I finished all 3 pieces of terrain, returned them, and picked up a second set of pieces that will be featured in part 3.

When we last looked I had primed all three ruins.


Now we start the painting.

The base is going to be a dark brown with some lighter highlights and a Grey wall with some details.

Basing
Scorched Brown
Badab Black
Graveyard Earth
Desert Yellow

Walls
Codex Grey
Black Ink
Badab Black
Fortress Grey
Camo Green

Details
Boltgun Metal
Blazing Orange
Scab Red
Snakebite Leather
Badab black
Thraka Green
Leviathan Purple

I used my airbrush to put on the base colors Scorched Brown for the ground and Codex Grey mixed with some Black Ink on the walls.


I picked out a few details with the airbrush and then drybrushed the ground with a nice thick layer of graveyard earth and then Desert Yellow. Followed by the Walls with Codex Grey and fortress Grey.

Then was the details I painted all the metal bits Boltgun Metal, dabbed some Blazing Orange and Scab Red. After a quick drybrush of Boltgun Metal, wash of Badab Black all those bits were taken care of. Using the airbrush made adding a few nice things like a mossy color, Camo Green thinned by Matt Medium, to some of the corners and pillars as well as using black ink thinned to show some discoloration from fire in places.



After all is said and done I am proud of everything but I feel as if once I learn to control the airbrush slightly better then I will acheve better results in the final stages of adding the "mossy" colors and "fire/explosion" damage effects. I am also considering looking into some of the powders but I may wait on that until I start tanks. Until then Part 3 will be coming soon with lots more pieces of terrain.

No comments: